RNNR.us is closing on August 3
July 13, 2020
I have not been invested in this sports blog, RNNR.us, for quite a while so I have hired my web guy, Arsh, to move all the good content from RNNR and move it to ChrisAbraham.com/blog as I know I do have the energy to keep up one “kitchen sink” for content and blogging and expression and sharing. For those of you who have been readers and subscribers, thank you. I know the RSS has been crazy recently. It’s because I have been moving, deleting, and changing quite a few things, getting the content ready for Arsh. Thanks for your support. Please come over to my blog if you want to see how I am doing. Lots of love!
First Slow Jog in Years
June 21, 2020
I’m finally up to speed to actually start my slow jogging.
I had only been walking until now. Just making sure I was fit enough and ready.
Turns out I am, even though I do take breaks and sometimes walk.
A good start and I hope to keep this up on a daily slow jog/walk/run for the rest of my life! Huzzah!
- Activity: Slow Jogging
- Distance: 5.99 mi
- Moving Time: 1:42:16
- Duration: 05:22:15
- Average Speed: 1.12 mph
- Pace: 17:05 min/mi
- Calories Burned: 1,745
- Average Heart Rate: 106 bpm
- Max Heart Rate: 129 bpm
- Average Cadence: 126 spm
- Max Cadence: 248spm
Spartan just launched a new workout and training system they’re calling DEKAFit
February 29, 2020
Spartan just launched a new workout and training system they’re calling DEKAFit:. In the same way that they’ve made obstacle racing globally popular, Spartan plans to do the same thing for functional fitness using a process that includes both training and competition. The first event is in Denver on March 21st at the University of Colorado’s Bowlen Fieldhouse (register here) with the second event in Dallas on May 2nd at the Cowboy’s Ford Center (register here).
Mark Harrison’s Pantry-Scrounge Chili Con Carne sin Carne
December 12, 2019
- 4 medium onions
- Olive oil
- Two bulbs of garlic
- A whole bunch of potatoes
- Can of salmon
- A large dollop of better than bouillon/Marmite/
- Some water (Or broth instead of these 2 previous things)
- A large can of tomatoes
- A jar of spaghetti sauce
- A couple of cups of dry mixed lentils
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco chipotle sauce
- Quarter or eighth onions, throw into a pot, start simmering in olive oil
- Separate, skin and chop garlic, throw it in with onions when onions have started to become translucent
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks and stir in with garlic and onions
- Let fry up a bit
- Dump in can of salmon with juices
- Add big dollop of better than bouillon and some hot water
- Add large can of tomatoes, smash up tomatoes if they are still whole
- Dump in jar of spaghetti sauce
- Add the couple of cups of mixed lentils
- Stir and let simmer until lentils are fully cooked
- Season with Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco chipotle sauce
- You could probably swap the salmon with a couple cans of tuna - basically for umami flavor.