Easy baked bone-in chicken thighs recipe
June 18, 2018
I am always looking for quick, easy, delicious ways to eat chicken. I used to be a breast white meat kind of guy (that’s just how I grew up) but I have fallen for dark meat. Chicken wings, thighs, and legs make me happy and are cheap and easy to prepare–and it’s hard to mess them up because it’s hard to make them go dry from over-cooking like happens too easily with white meat. I also cook chicken with the skin on as well since skin’s delicious and it also protects the meat and helps with the flavor (fat is better than olive oil and butter when it comes to flavoring). I hope you enjoy this adapted recipe.
- 3 Pounds Chicken thighs, About 6-8
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup and set aside.
- Remove the chicken thighs from their packaging and pat them dry with paper towels. Arrange the chicken thighs on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil rubbing the oil into the chicken to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken evenly.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before consuming
- As you can see from my photo, I wasn't shy with butter