- This event has passed.
2017 Concept2 Fall Team Challenge
September 15, 2017 - October 15, 2017
There are prizes for those who reach either of these distances, as well as a prize draw for all clubs with at least ten participants reaching 100,000m.
To either start or join a team, visit the Teams page of your logbook.
If you’re a member of a team, make sure you confirm your participation in the challenge.
- Each team completes as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. September 15 and 11:59 p.m. October 15.
- This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See “Information for Team Members” below.
- Teams must consist of at least two (2) people. Team members will not appear on challenge boards until at least two people are taking part.
- Important deadline: Complete the following tasks by September 30 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET) or your team will not be enrolled in the challenge and/or your team members’ meters will not count for the challenge:
- All team members must be added to your team.
- Team members who have their own logbooks must indicate in their logbooks that they are actively participating in the current challenge. (See the Team member page for more information.)
- Meters must be entered online. Because of the large number of participants in the challenge, we cannot accept results via phone, fax or email. We suggest that any members who have access to the internet create their own profile so that they can enter their own results.
- Meters completed each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- Concept2 reserves the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- Indoor rower and SkiErg meters only (no on water or on snow meters please).
- Deadline for entering meters: October 18 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET).
Who Can Participate
Teams must be an established “club,” under one of the following divisions:
- Emergency Services
- Medical Facility
- Correctional Facility
Virtual, long-distance, purely electronic groupings of rowers/skiers and people and/or individuals not affiliated with a club will be allowed to participate, but will not be eligible for prizes. See below for more information about prizes and eligibility.
Team placements in all divisions will be posted online throughout the duration of the challenge. There will be separate Honor Boards for each club division, so you can compare your club’s performance with other similar clubs.
Incentives and Rewards
All incentive prizes and awards will be shipped to clubs to be distributed by the team captains. Team captains should be sure to provide an accurate shipping address on the Edit Team Page.
- Clubs with at least 10 members and where at least 10 members have rowed/skied 100,000 meters or more (50,000 meters for kids and adaptive athletes), will be entered into a drawing to win the club’s choice of either a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg!
- All participants completing at least 100,000 meters will receive a special 100k-level prize.
- All participants completing at least 200,000 meters, and kids and adaptive athletes completing at least 50,000 meters will receive a special 200k-level prize.
- The option to purchase Fall Team Challenge items from our third-party shop (availability varies by country).
- Specially designed certificates of completion will be available via download to all participants at the end of the event.
- Virtual teams and their participants are not eligible to receive shipped prizes.
- Prizes are only available for clubs and individuals in the following countries:
- Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg)
Information for Team Members
Please visit the Joining A Team for more information on how to join a team.
Important: Team members need to confirm they intend to take part in each challenge. You do this from the Team page.
Information for Team Captains
Please visit the Starting and Managing a Team page for more information on how to setup and run a team.