3 Things I Have Learned After 3 Weeks Riding with CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike
January 24, 2019
After spinning at Cyclebar Columbia Pike for a few weeks now, here are things I have learned:
- Ride your own ride! Everything is optional when you’re in the Cyclebar studio: you don’t need to use the weight bars. You don’t need to sprint for 60 seconds. You don’t need to grind in high gears. You don’t need to dance or do bike pushups and calisthenics. A young mom came up to me after she heard me talking about Cyclebar and told me that she tried it out but never went back because it was too tough, too hard, she didn’t know what to do, and it was too competitive. I reassured her that Cyclebar is a huge proponent of riding your own ride. As long as you have fun. The reason it is also so challenging and so competitive is that some people want that level of challenge to have fun. They want the boards, the challenges, the burn of the lactic acid! If you’re not having fun, adapt until you have fun. This isn’t PT or gym class: nobody’s monitoring your workout for intensity (the instructors are monitoring you to make sure you’re safe).
- Life’s too short to be embarrassed about your body! I turned the modesty corner and drop the over-sweats at the bike before the ride and just wear my bike shorts. That’s what they were designed for. Heck, the ride is in the dark and nobody cares anyway. I only turned the bend because I was wearing a pair of long fleece sweats and they just kept falling down and impeding my ride. I needed, at that point, to drop trou, leaving only my t-shirt and my XXL Pearl iZUMi Men’s Escape Quest cycling bib shorts.
- Drink lots of water before, during, and after your ride. If you work really hard the whole time through, especially during the hour ride, you might get a dehydration headache or a dehydration hangover the next day.
I will come up with more advice as I think of it. I am trying to keep a list.
CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike Review
January 17, 2019
This CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike studio looks all slick but also has a lot of heart. A lot of kindness. So much generosity. And great instructors and classes. I launched and grew a new online publication while trying to kill a cold that I couldn’t shake and gained 50 pounds from it. Even though I bought an unlimited package before all of this illness and business started, the owner Marina worked with me to allow me to move my package to when I could use it with good intent. Ever since I’ve been attending, even though I am weaker and less fit and much bigger than I’ve ever been, everyone at the studio has been actually loving and supportive. There’s also a lot of guys there working out so it’s not all women. And all shapes and sizes. It’s a very supportive environment. I love it there.
Cycling with Shane at CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike
January 17, 2019
Riding with Shane during Wednesday night Wine Down Wednesday was a thrill. He’s got excellent pacing and I performed well. CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike is good like that.
Second Week, First Day, at CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike: Huzzah!
January 15, 2019
I have finally had quite a lot of fun at my CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike spin class on Monday night. I felt exuberant during the sprints and I felt strong during the out-of-saddle uphills. It made me happy to feel connected to the bike and the class.
End of My 1st Week 3rd Ride at CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike
January 13, 2019
I attended the class of Sylva Hříbková who instructed the Happiest of Hours class on Friday last. It’s a weekly 45-minute class at 6:30 PM at the CYCLEBAR Columbia Pike, my Spinning HQ.
Cycling: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:25:34
January 12, 2019
- Activity: Cycling
- Distance: 0.21 mi
- Duration: 00:03:12
- Average Speed: 3.94 mph
- Average Pace: 15:14 min/mi
- Calories Burned: 37
- Heart Rate: 99
- Start Time: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:25:34
Screw Your Running Shoes This Winter Season With 36 1/2″ Sheet Metal Screws
January 11, 2019
If you plan to run all Winter long, you can make it through the snow and the ice with aplomb with just 36 1/2″ sheet metal screws.
Second Spin at CYCLEBAR
January 9, 2019
I had fun this time but still just rode my own ride. No bopping up and down. No spin dancing. No weight training. But I pushed hard in some places and really cranked down the handle and grinded out of the seat.
Day One of Becoming a Spin Goddess at CycleBar
January 9, 2019
t was really good but I really chilled and didn’t do any of the upper-body workout stuff or any of the push-ups or the fore-aft, back-forth stuff. And I didn’t always get out of the seat when I was asked or sit down, either. But, I had fun and Natalie was cool with it and so was Marina, the studio owner.
I think I finally have a feasible fitness plan for 2019
January 8, 2019
You know what I deserve? To be healthy, to be limber, to be fit, to be strong, to be able to pop off the floor or out of a chair, and to weight 220lbs or so. That’s what I deserve.